I love, love, love a great turkey burger and a lot of people who eat my turkey burgers love them too, so I’ve decided to let the secret recipe out! Really it’s simple and most of the ingredients you will already have in your house! Together these spices make a great blend to season your lean meat and throw on the grill.
- 3-3.5 Pounds of Lean Ground Turkey (90/10 is best. Some fat is needed for flavor)
- 1 Tablespoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Hand Full of Dried Parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Pepper (or to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Sea Salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Herbamare (not pictured)
Mix everything together and form into patties the desired size you want. Place them back in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Place on the grill and cook slowly on a medium-low flame to keep them from drying out. I promise your mouth with love them! Let me know what you think about them on my Facebook Page
after you try them.
I love wrapping my burger in a huge amount of butter, romaine, or iceberg lettuce. Top with red onion, avocado, and spinach. Now, for a double treat try skipping the lettuce and baking a sweet potato (try taking it out just before it get’s too soft). Let it cool and slice in half. Layer with spinach, red onion, and jalapeno peppers.